Since its inception in 1997, the Greater Lowell Community Foundation (GLCF) has focused on improving the quality of life for the people in the communities we serve. Today, we are the leading philanthropic organization in the Greater Lowell/Merrimack Valley area providing leadership, education and financial support through our vast donor network to address a wide range of regional needs for charities, community groups and area students through academic scholarships and charitable foundations.
We take our role as the voice of and champion for Philanthropy in our community very seriously, and endeavor to always provide an effective and trusted channel for helping the community.
- Personal Philanthropic Services for Donors
- Endowment Fund Creation & Growth
- A Diverse Range of Professional Investment Options
- Donor Advised Funds - Supporting Causes Important to Our Donors
- Partnerships with area Nonprofit Organizations
- Connect Donors to Relevant Nonprofit Organizations
- Establish & Grow Endowments to Support Agencies in Perpetuity
- Provide Guidance Services to help Agencies meet Strategic Goals & Objectives
- Grant Awards to Area Nonprofit Community Groups
- Focused exclusively on the Greater Lowell/Merrimack Valley region
- Awarded to Nonprofits, Coalitions, Community Associations & Civic Groups
- Multiple Grant Programs Offered for Applicants
- Scholarships & Continuing Education Assistance for Area Students
- Lowell High School Scholarship Fund - 131 Scholarship Funds
- Greater Lowell Technical High School Fund
- Rebello Art Scholarship Fund for Chelmsford High Seniors
- Chelmsford Business Association Scholarship Fund
- Kelly Brooks Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Robert C. "Doc" McAnespie Scholarship Fund
Because we work for the community, we know the nonprofit landscape, we understand the needs of the constituents we serve, and we address a wide range of initiatives from education, hunger, and the environment, to youth and family services, homelessness, healthcare and arts & culture, to name just a few. By promoting awareness of community needs, programs and resources, we're in the best position to partner with donors to make philanthropic funds available, assist charities with fulfilling their needs, and most importantly, improve the quality of life in our community. Working together with community leaders and neighbors, we will strengthen the capacity of our community for genuine and lasting change.
GLCF - Looking Forward, Giving Back