The Greater Lowell Community Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life in the Greater Lowell and Merrimack Valley region through philanthropic leadership and service. Working together with our generous donors we strive to make a positive impact in the lives of people in our communities, so that together we can:
- Improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
- Advocate private giving for the public good.
- Provide philanthropic services to donors of all means.
- Convene and connect resources with community needs and opportunities.
- Be a source of knowledge on issues affecting philanthropy and the community.
- Be held to the highest ethical standards through fairness in policies and procedures, full and objective review of funding requests, and the avoidance of conflict of interest.
- Maximize the impact of grant and program initiatives.
- Participate in promoting philanthropy and community foundations at the national level.
These guiding principles reflect the commitment of Greater Lowell Community Foundation to provide effective stewardship of the charitable resources entrusted to it.
Whatever your means, whatever your goals, whatever your passion, GLCF can help you realize your charitable aspirations. Many people, like you, are interested in giving back to the communities we serve in ways that have impact and longevity. Because we work for the community, we know the nonprofit landscape, we understand the needs of the communities we serve, and we address a wide range of community needs including education, scholarships, hunger, the environment, youth and family services, homelessness, healthcare, arts and culture, and so much more.
Greater Lowell Community Foundation provides donors with maximum tax-deductibility for contributions, has the sophistication to handle complex assets as well as the simple ones, and offers personalized service to help you accomplish your charitable goals. Overall, giving through Greater Lowell Community Foundation is flexible and easy.
Working together with charitable-minded community members, the result is a powerful, positive, and long-lasting impact on our region's future.