VP, Programs and Marketing
The Greater Lowell Community Foundation is a philanthropic organization with over 350 funds, totaling some $37 million, which is dedicated to improving the quality of life in 20 neighboring cities and towns.
The Community Foundation annually awards approximately $1.6 million in grants and scholarships to hundreds of worthy nonprofits and students, and is powered by the winning combination of donor-directed giving, personal attention from its staff, and an in-depth understanding of local needs.
Since its inception in 1997, the Community Foundation has convened individuals and institutions to address significant community issues and has awarded more than $19 million to improve the quality of life for our community.
The VP, Programs and Marketing is responsible for leading grant-making programs, marketing initiatives, and community relations efforts, as well as oversight and evaluation of staff and volunteers. In addition, the VP, Programs and Marketing supports the President/CEO as part of the senior team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with CEO, executive team, and board to refine strategic priority funding areas and set funding impact goals.
- Design, implement, and lead the Foundation’s community grants and scholarship programs.
- Build and maintain a high level of knowledge of local nonprofit organizations and community needs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of all grants, including their history, fit with mission, and impact.
- Communicate with grant applicants and grantees and serve as the Foundation’s principal contact with grantees funded within the community grants program.
- Oversee and conduct due diligence for all portfolio grants.
- Conducts in-person site visits with grantees and potential grantees as needed.
- Recruit, train, manage independent grants and scholarship review committees.
- Administer online grants and scholarship software program.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of grants awards.
- Prepare Board, internal, and community reports on results of Foundation grant initiatives.
- Work with Board members and committees to carry out the grant-making goals of the Foundation.
- Manage program staff, foster professional development of staff, and delegate roles and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective grant-making operation.
- Lead the Center for Nonprofit Excellence including coordination of nonprofit seminars and training opportunities.
Marketing & Community Relations
- Collaborates with the VP for Philanthropy to develop a comprehensive communications plan promoting the Foundation’s impact and supporting strategic and advancement initiatives.
- Maintains the Foundation’s branding, awareness building, and community relations initiatives.
- Assist senior leadership with message development.
- Works toward achieving balanced media coverage, developing relationships with local reporters, and pitch stories about the Foundation’s achievements and initiatives.
- Maintain a database of key media contacts.
- Manage website, social media sites, Constant Contact communications, and other digital communication channels.
- Manage ad campaigns including budget .
- Promote Foundation events through coordinated marketing campaigns.
- Oversee creation of annual report, promotional, and other marketing collateral to support advancement efforts and fundraising campaigns.
- Evaluate effectiveness of communications channels through data analytics.
- Strengthen the organizations brand recognition and identity among constituents.
- Work closely with advancement staff to create campaigns to increase support and investment in the Foundation.
- Work with Board members and committees to carry out the communications and community relations goals of the Foundation.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels and work flow to support programs and initiatives.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations/paid time off and scheduling.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of developing and administering online programs and technology.
- High level of proficiency in marketing communications, community relations, program development, and operations. Also, a demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, relationships, and partnerships for new/increased revenue generation.
- A metrics-driven, entrepreneur whose mindset informs strategy and work.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal presentations, as well as the ability to interact with senior management, board of directors, donors, and community influencers.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in grants management software.
- Proficiency in marketing, website, social media, and data analytic platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant major required with five to seven years minimum professional leadership experience in the field.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package; 403(B) (voluntary, non-employer).
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
President and CEO GLCF
Greater Lowell Community Foundation
100 Merrimack Street, Suite 202
Lowell, MA 01852-1707
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: September 21, 2018
The Greater Lowell Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.